Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

BEST FRIEND NEVER DIES

I recall the days we had together,
you and i were still small boys the first time we met each other.

We were classmates for twelve years,
Everything you said, i listened with my ears.

We had gone through a number of obstacles,
finally, we are now in a circle.

Our golden times were in secondary school,
we were naughty enough to go against the rules.

Fighting, to us were peanuts,
we were too great that others called us nuts.

I was the laziest, never did homework,
but you were always sitting alone doing microsoft word.

I would go for you whenever i was down,
but you always kept quiet eventhough you had a wound.

I may not know you in and out,
but sometimes i could read your mind when you ask me to help out.

You have a friend whom i hated the most,
that i would even say get lost.

This fellow was just like a stone,
a stupid stone that weighed a tonne.

This stone is now a man,
my relationship with him has mended.

Friend, how time flies, we have been separated,
since the last time we met before july.

I regard you as my very best friend,
i will be your shelter when it rains.

I will cherish you more than ever,
like a bud blooming into a special flower.

Hear me out, BEST FRIEND NEVER DIES!


This poem was dedicatedly written to my friend
many years ago when i was in Varsity. Wish to
Share with all my students or other bloggers...
Happy Reading!

12 comments:

Baggy T-shirts & Shorts said...

Besides the scolding, nagging and the endless advices being drilled into our brain by our parents, friends help shape who we are today too. I have also tripped and fell many times (thanks a lot to my bitch friends then haha) but each time when I got up on my feet, I'm more stronger than ever and smarter too. I found true friends 5 years ago and together, we are known as F4 today! God bless us!

Rice Flour said...

I guess everyone has their best friends to remember by and live by through life experiences they have gone through together.

I lost my good friends the day I lost my handphone. Kinda sad to think about it. Remember to always keep an address book wherever you go, a contingency plan is always better than no plan. *out of topic here*

GTA said...

Chun Li, yeah. Me too!
I always tell my students that i have no true friends in BP. But, i have 3 out there far away from me. However, due to the fact of distance, our friendship remains:-) This is what bind us together as F4. Haha... Frankly speaking, i only keep in touch with 5th jie and jAC once in a blue moon. Lol
But i hope that we will be true friends. Now and always-I HOPE:-)

GTA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GTA said...

Rice Flour,
Totally agree with you. As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure:-)

Baggy T-shirts & Shorts said...

LOL once in a blue moon is better than never, Senpai. I'm sure they understand and we all have other commitments that hinder us from texting or calling each other too. What matters is our true and genuine friendship!

GTA said...

True Chun Li. Cheers:-)

Jasmine Ee Minne Koh said...

Wah..A good and meaningful poem

Jia Er said...

I think this poem is full of your feelings lo...but,is a wonderful poem and good description!^^

Ya,agree with u,BEST FRIEND NEVER DIE eventhough the problem of distance...

GTA said...

Jasmine & Jia Er, Thanks!

Poh Shin said...

wah...this is a perfect poem.why?because u put all your sprits in this poem and it also is a meaningful poem.friendship is very important in our life.moreover, best friend is never say dies because if other friends have their difficult problems, we can't find any excuse and we must help them to settle it.

GTA said...

Yup!

Agree with you:-)