Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

Stop being ruthless and inhumane

I refer to “Sin Chew Daily, 18 Oct” a news about a shocking accident took place in Guang Zhou, China. A two-year-old girl was twice being knocked down and crashed over by car wheels but the drivers pretended as if nothing had happened, accelerated and freed.

According to the news, a CCTV recorded the scene, and what made people even more frustrated is there were eighteen ‘blinded’ pedestrians who passed by the poor girl but none was willing to lend a helping hand although they could vividly see a pool of blood and the girl was in excruciating pain lying helplessly and fragilely on the road for more than 2 minutes. She was then pulled aside by an old nanny who kept on shouting loudly for help.

Now, the grieving parents are moaning in pain, struggling and wailing as their beloved little queen has just passed away at a hospital yesterday. Why should she suffer like this? Why should she be treated this way? Why should she be the victim of this cruel society?


I have no idea why would this happen to the people and country of so called five thousand years of precious civilization. Values like politeness, respect, humbleness, compassion and etc are supposed to be inculcated into their souls as advocated by Lao Tze or Confucius. But, the fact is not. Knowing how to care and love, willing to help and serve, are also the values stressed and emphasized in traditional Chinese families. But, again, sadly, the fact is not.

I believe that an inhumane society is no better than a bunch of zombies wandering like nobody. They are cold blooded and malevolent. As such, people living there will have no hopes for survive if they face difficulties as no one is willing to lend a helping hand. And so, everyone will be extremely pragmatic and individualistic. They will have no friends, no souls, and no life. Everything is fake and unrealistic.

We as humans, we shall never accept such ruthless act. So, what should we do to ensure that our country and people are living harmoniously, peacefully and compassionately? In my opinion, all parties should hand in hand, work together to make it works. Undoubtedly, schools and parents play the biggest roles in shaping a child’s mind and perception. Worthwhile values should be instilled to children since young.

In short, let’s not be ruthless and inhumane. Let’s be helpful and tender. Well, let’s pray for the pitiful girl, may she rest in peace and hopefully our mighty god will lead her to heaven.

4 comments:

Baggy T-shirts & Shorts said...

I saw the footage as well and I couldn't bring myself to finish it. It was indeed beastly! What i read from a posting in FB was that when this situation (where people are hurt and need help) happens, the victims will be the good samaritan's liability. In a sense that any medical fees incurred shall be the good samaritan's responsibility. Maybe that's the reason why they ignored the little one in the first place.

Indeed, the people in China are getting more and more advanced than we are (and perhaps the US too) but they do not have EQ. There's no heart behind every actions. What has become of the society? I pray that our future generations will not be living like beasts.

GTA said...

Yup, i can't agree more with you. With beasts getting more and more around us will lead this beautiful world to bloody sooner or later. Chun Li, we as educators, should thrive and try our best to spark and stimulate our younger minds... Hmm... Gambate oh:-)

lonelllygirl tanps said...

I felt those people were very cruel and inhumane!Why?Because they didn't want went to rescue the little girl.And the little girl already passed away.She was only two years old.Why they didn't want went to rescue the little girl.I was very angry when I was reading the news about the accident.But, I felt also very sad because I felt the little girl and her family were very pity.Then, the driver also very inhumane because they knocked over the little girl's body and didn't want to stop.Now,I didn't know I can say what again.I was only knew I hoped the little girl can happy in the paradise and the governent can punish the drivers.

Baggy T-shirts & Shorts said...

Yes Senpai, wherever I go, when I see the potential to 'preach' about life and peacefulness, I will do so. In fact, I'm beginning to spread the idea of universal love through books. Whichever books that enlighten readers about life, I will recommend to them. In fact, I bought a book for my student 'For One More Day' because his life is so disturbed... haunted by so many things that happened in his country. So sad to see that.